About our client:
Some of the world's best-known businesses rely on our client to keep the economy moving with their digital solutions.
Our client offers a range of solutions helping organisations quickly validate and verify the identity and location of their customers.
About the product:
A world leading data visualization service that enables fraud and law enforcement investigations along with asset and debt recovery.
You are a skilled and experienced software engineer with strong background in software craftmanship, best practices, TDD, SOLID design patterns and clean code principles.
You advocate functional programming principles and master the difference between functional and imperative paradigms.
You enjoy working in a highly effective agile team and who is an outstanding problem solver, enjoys facing software design problems, technical challenges and mentoring other team members.
As e.near’s Senior & Mid Software Engineers: Scala, Cats, ZIO, you will do:
• Develop the user interface components of the Investigate product always ensuring an excellent customer experience
• Support the architecture and design decisions within the team
• To input into UX design of the product to focus on usability
• Promote the DevOps culture and drive towards enabling continuous delivery within a cross-functional, autonomous team
• Challenge the status quo (technologies and/or processes) to help improve delivery within the team.
• To work closely with other stakeholders to take ideas from concept through to production-ready features.
• Review code from other team members, promoting best coding practices within the team
• Enhance and maintain existing automated (functional and unit) test suites.
• Support the technology Centre’s of Excellence to drive up standards across the wider business
• Experience working in agile/scrum environments and a good understanding of continuous delivery practices.
• Excellent knowledge of Scala, Cats, ZIO and Akka
• Clean Code and Software Craftsmanship practitioner with an excellent understanding of functional programming concepts
• Demonstrate, and champion with others, good habits in unit testing, mocking, stubbing, and test-driven design approaches.
• Broad knowledge in design and architectural patterns, and excellent knowledge of OOP concepts.
• Good knowledge of reactive systems and event-driven architectures
• Experience with structured logging, ideally using the ELK stack
• Experience in REST API design
• Must be confident using Git Source Control
• Experience with SOLR, Neo4J, MongoDB, MariaDB is an advantage
• Experience with AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes is an advantage
• The ability to maintain a deep knowledge of the latest languages, tools, frameworks, and paradigms within the industry and experience of championing the adoption of emerging technologies.
The icing on the cake skills:
• Ability to drive continual improvement within a cross-functional, autonomous team
• Comfortable with code reviews and pair programming
• Ability to work well both independently and within a team.
• Ability to provide technical leadership in small agile teams.
• Demonstrates ability and willingness to learn quickly within a continually changing, challenging environment.
• Flexible, resilient, and able to change focus on demand.
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Great environment to keep growing on software development knowledge and good practices
• Comprehensive Health Insurance for you, optionally extendable to your household
• Developer-friendly delivery processes, including Agile (Scrum / Kanban), JIRA issue tracking, Confluence wiki, BitBucket source control, Jenkins continuous integration and delivery, modern hardware and software for development (an IDE of your choice)
• Regular training and mentoring
• Amazing work-life balance